Background of Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean
Pursue your passion for adventure at Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean, a family operated campground located in Murphy Cove, Nova Scotia. Murphy’s Camping has been listed by the Globe & Mail as one of the 10 best campgrounds in Canada and is a vacation retreat for families and friends. Operating as a gateway to the 100 Wild Islands, the campground serves more than 6000 guests per year and has accommodated guests from 59 different countries since its founding in 1960.
Work to Stay
Anyone visiting our area while in Nova Scotia and would like to stay longer by working a few hours each day, please contact us for more information.
Current Job Positions
Guest Services Representative (Multiple positions)
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, team player, ideally with Front Desk or other tourism/service industry experience. The successful candidate will have a professional appearance and demeanor and be able to deal with a wide variety of people and situations.
- $12.55 – 15.00 per hour, including vacation pay
- 35 hours per week
Estimated Work Term
June 5 – September 15, flexible depending on applicant’s availability
COVID-19 will effect the 2020 camping season. The season is anticipated to go ahead but has been delayed and we are awaiting further provincial government direction. We are moving ahead with staff recruitment with the understanding that the start date and duration of employment will be contingent on the rules and restrictions flowing from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why Work at Murphy’s?
- Gain customer service experience in a vibrant, growing tourism business
- Expand your cultural knowledge by interacting with people from all over the world
- Enjoy the summer in a friendly, relaxed work environment
- 15 to 29 years of age at job start date
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate with good typing
- Flexibility in weekly schedule/ability to work weekends
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience and/or education in the tourism/service industry is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
Work Tasks and Responsibilities
- Greeting & registering guests into the campground
- Accepting reservations and answering guest inquiries by phone, email, and in person
- Registering & scheduling guests for Wild Islands Adventures and Scenic Boat Tours
- Use the phrase “wild islands” somewhere in your application to ensure you’ve read these responsibilities
- Grounds-keeping & facility maintenance
- Administration of Wild Islands Adventures
- Other general campground administration as needed
- Assistance with other campground projects as needed