- Campfires are permitted in designated fire pits only, and must be kept small (flames no higher than 60 cm) and attended closely at all times. Fire pits must NOT be moved.
- Maximum speed limit is 10 kph.
- Cutting of any trees and plant life is prohibited. Rock removal is prohibited.
- Guests are responsible for any damage caused by themselves, their visitors and their property.
Check-in, Check-out, and Visitors
- Check-in is between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Check-out time is 11:00 am. Early arrivals and late checkouts may be possible in some circumstances. Inquire with the office.
- All visitors must check in at the office upon arrival, pay appropriate fees, and park in the designated area. Day visitors are welcome from 10 am to 11 pm.
- Quiet time is 11 pm to 10 am. You may enjoy your campfire past quiet time but you must not disturb fellow campers. Noise levels should be low enough so the campsite beside you cannot
- No smoking in any of the campground buildings. We also ask those who wish to smoke to respect the space of non-smokers at all times. Please do not throw your cigarette butts on the ground or in fireplaces.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited at all times.
- Drones are prohibited unless approved.
- Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean reserves the right to host certain events from time to time such as Canada Day celebrations, family reunions , live entertainment, campfires and sing songs etc that may continue past 11:00pm. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we welcome and encourage all of you to join in the fun.
- Short-term camping reservations require a refundable deposit equal to the full amount of the reservation, up to a maximum of $500. Any remaining balance is due 7 days prior to arrival.
- Boat charters, scenic boat tours, island drop offs, and accommodation packages require a deposit equal to the full amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received with at least 7 days notice will have the full deposit amount returned.
- Cancellations received with less than 7 days notice will lose the full deposit amount.
- Cancellations that are initiated by Murphy’s Camping will have the full deposit amount returned. This also includes all boating activities (scenic tours, charters, island drop offs, kayak rentals, etc…) that we cancel for safety reasons.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Where a gift certificate is used for a deposit on a reservation for camping or otherwise (most circumstances) then our deposit and cancellation policy will apply.
- Gift certificates can be used towards the purchase of any of our products or services and can be redeemed online, by phone, or in person at our campground. This is true even if the gift certificate specifies a specific product or service. In these cases, the monetary value of the originally specified product or service on the gift certificate at the time of issuance, will be used.
- Gift certificates do not expire.
- If a purchase amount exceeds the value of the gift certificate, the remaining balance must be paid with a valid payment method.
- Lost or stolen gift certificates will not be replaced.
Children & Pets
- Children must be supervised at all times and especially while on the dock, boating, swimming on or near the beach area, on playground equipment and while playing games.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on a leash at all times and must not disturb others. You MUST clean up after your pets. Pets are not permitted in any buildings.
- The Sailors’ Rest Recreation Hall is for everyone to use and to enjoy each others company. Please clean up after yourself when you leave, personal belongings, bottles, trash etc.
- Please leave your site in a clean state, free of wood chips, bottles & garbage.
- It is the responsibility of all boaters to ensure your boat is properly tied or moored so as not to cause damage to other boats. When not in use your boat & trailer must be kept in the overflow area. This helps to keep sites un-cluttered, help with traffic flow and for mowing purposes. We request you remove your boat from the water while you are away. Murphy’s Camping will not be held responsible for any damage caused by natural causes or by other boaters.
- At no time should your boat or equipment hamper the operation of the Murphy’s Camping tour operations. The dock & launch area must be kept clear at all times and no personal items left laying around.
Liability & Waiver
- While staying here you do so at your own risk. Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean is located on the ocean which has obvious hazards such as a rugged coastline, high cliff areas, dock, decks, stairs, watercraft, subject to high winds & tidal changes, etc.
- Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean, its owners, family, employees or agents will not be held responsible for any damage or liability for any vehicle, RV, trailer, boat, personal property or bodily injury of any kind, harm or loss of life from any peril especially from the operation of any boat/kayak rentals or while on our boat tours.
- Please report any problems with our services to management and never attempt to do any repairs to our electrical, water, or mechanical systems.
Seasonal and Monthly Reservations
- Seasonal and monthly reservations require a non-refundable deposit of $500. The remaining balance is due 2 months prior to arrival, (e.g. March 15th for seasonal reservations beginning on May 15th). Refunds for seasonal and monthly reservations will not be issued.
- Seasonal guests wishing to renew their stay for the following season are required to provide their intention on or before November 1st. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required.
- Seasonal and monthly reservations are only to be used by the registered persons on the reservation. No other family members, friends or subletting is permitted unless approved and appropriate fees are paid.
- Seasonal reservations are to be used on weekends and for a week or two at a time, but not on a full time basis unless arrangements are approved.
- The rate includes the use of your site with (1) Trailer, (1) Vehicle, water & electricity from May 15th to October 15th. This includes leaving your trailer on site over the winter months. Any seasonal guests not renewing for the following season must have their trailer off site prior to May 15th. Please inquire with our office to arrange the day/time for removal.
- All exterior projects including, but not limited to; decks, skirting, digging of any kind, planting, lawn accessories, placement and condition of moorings, must be approved by management.
- Seasonal and monthly reservations on 15 amp electrical sites are not permitted to use electric heating or air conditioning.
- Refrain from filling up your water holding tank especially during peak water usage times or upon arrival at the start of a busy weekend as this is very hard on our well water supply.
- Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean will mow as much of your site as possible but will not move any items to do so. You are responsible for keeping your site in good repair, no garbage lying around, grass mowed and trimmed etc. If you would like us to trim your site we offer that service. Failure to keep your site neat, tidy, mowed & trimmed may result in management doing so, as we deem necessary, at a cost of $50.00 per visit. The underside of your trailer must also be kept neat & tidy at all times. It can be used for minimal storage if it is skirted in a tidy fashion. All decks and skirting must be safe & neat in appearance.
- Murphy’s Camping on the Ocean will not be held responsible for any stolen articles either inside or outside your RV, any water damage of any kind, any claim related to loss of electricity, water supply, vandalism, acts of God (storms, surges, wind, rain, flood, fallen trees etc. ) to your RV, boat, vehicle or any personal property. All water lines, drain lines, electrical cords, tie downs, pegs, etc. must be placed so they are not a hazard when mowing. For everyone’s safety, when you leave your RV for an extended period of time, you should ensure all electrical and propane appliances and water taps be turned off. To save from risk of explosion, we strongly recommend you turn off your propane at your tank. To save from water damage, we recommend you turn off your water supply at the post and disconnect your hose.
- These rules and regulations apply to all short-term, monthly, and seasonal campers and their visitors. Guests are responsible to ensure all individuals in their group and all of their visitors abide by these rules at all times.
- Guests who do not obey the rules will be asked to leave without refund and the RCMP will be called if required.
Ryan Murphy, Owner